How To Troubleshoot and Repair Common Refrigerator Problems
If you don't know what's wrong with your refrigerator, how can you expect to fix your refrigerator? Is the freezer cold enough, but the fresh food compartment warming? If there is a noise, is it coming from inside the freezer, behind the refrigerator, or somewhere else? Is there frost forming anywhere out of the ordinary? Take a moment to observe your refrigerators symptoms, it will be well worth your time.
Good Observation Skills Are The Key To Any Successful Refrigerator Repair!
Note: The sealed system of a refrigerator or freezer must be repaired by a licensed professional. It is almost never cost effective to do so out of the warranty period. Important: do not use an ice pick or anything else to remove ice! Any cut or puncture in the sealed system tubing and you will be shopping for a new refrigerator!! Use warm water in a turkey baster if you are in a hurry.
What's Your Refrigerator's Problem?
- "Freezer compartment is not cold enough."
- "The freezer temperature is okay but the fresh food compartment of the refrigerator is warming up."
- "There's a lot of frost in the freezer
or moisture in the fresh food compartment."
- "I'm getting a large amount of frost in my ice dispenser shoot".
- "There is a sheet of ice on the floor of my freezer compartment".
- "I have water under my crispers or dripping
into the refrigerator's fresh food compartment."
- "There is a noise in my freezer."
- "There is a noise coming from behind my refrigerator."
- "The freezer AND fresh food compartment
are not as cold as they should be."
- "Water is leaking onto my floor."
- All about the refrigerator's defrost cycle
- Checking the refrigerator's compressor and start relay