The Best Refrigerator Brands! Who Makes The Best Refrigerator?
Buying a new refrigerator is a big deal! In the old days (the late 1900s) refrigerators would often last for more than twenty years! Those days are but a fading memory. Thank God If you get fifteen years of service from a refrigerator produced today.
Features are important, but some cool shelf inside a dead 3 year old refrigerator doesn't do you much good, and don't get me started about internet access on your refrigerator door! Below you will find current reliability statistics for the most popular refrigerator styles by appliance brand.
Refrigerators Sold That NEEDED Repair or Had Serious Problems.
Best Refrigerator Repair Stats
Smaller Bar = Better chances you'll get a refrigerator not a lemon...
Top Freezer Refrigerators
Bottom Freezer Refrigerators
Side-by-Side Refrigerators With Ice & Water Dispenser
You may want to take note of a few things.
- Refrigerators with ice makers tend to have more repair problems that refrigerators without an ice maker.
- Refrigerators with the freezer at the bottom are more likely to need repair than top freezer refrigerators.
- Bottom freezer refrigerators of all brands with an ice dispenser are more likely to have problems than bottom freezer refrigerators that do not have an ice dispenser.
- Side-by-Side refrigerators are the most popular models but also the most likely to have repair problems.
- Kenmore refrigerators are produced by many manufacturers such as Whirlpool, GE, LG, Frigidaire & Others. Depending on who manufactures the Kenmore refrigerator you purchase will have a great deal to do with how likely your new refrigerator will need repair.
- Most new Maytag and Amana Refrigerators are built by Whirlpool but may have a few minor cosmetic differences such as shelving quality and orientation.
- Samsung refrigerators are not listed in these statistics. However, In my experience they are well built but mechanically complicated. So if you need a samsung refrigerator repaired it may be difficult to find a repair person willing to work on it.
Other Helpful Refrigerator Links